Haupia Rice with Tropical Fruits
- ¾ cup Hinode Short Grain Rice3 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup papaya, chopped
- Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in rice, cover pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream. Allow to cool. Serve chilled topped with chopped mango and papaya.