1 pkg. Michelle's angel hair pasta, any flavor
2 head organic broccoli, break into flowerettes
2 medium organic carrots, sliced
1 medium organic tomato
6 leaves fresh basil
1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted
2 Tbs. parmesan cheese
2 Tbs. olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Bring 1 gallon water to a boil, slightly salt.
2. Wash carrots and slice thin. Wash broccoli and cut the buds, use stem by pealing it and then slicing.
3. Put 1/3 cup water in saucepan, bring to a boil and add the carrots and broccoli. Cover and turn heat down to medium-low. Cook for 3 minutes and turn off the heat. The goal is to have tender but firm brightly colored vegetables. It's best to use a steamer if you have one so you don't loose the vitamins in the water.
4. Place the pine nuts in the oven and toast on medium broil until golden. Be careful not to over toast. I recommend a timer. Check it every minute.
5. Dice tomato and basil.
6. Place the little nest of pasta in the boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes. Drain and put on your plate.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil then arrange the broccoli around the outside of the pasta. Sprinkle the tomatoes and basil on top of the pasta and lightly season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle the parmesan and pine nuts over the pasta and it's ready to serve.
Top Of Page
1 block firm tofu, drain well
3 Tbs. safflower oil or butter
3 Tbs. soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos
1/3 c. nutritional yeast
2 tsp. Spike seasoning salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper (optional)
Drain tofu well. Heat oil in frying pan, preferably a non-stick skillet. When oil is hot, add tofu by breaking it into random size pieces about 1" x 1". Cook tofu without turning for about 5 minutes. Turn tofu and cook for about 4 more minutes on the other side. Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients. First you put in the soy sauce and stir so as to cover all the pieces of tofu. Then add the nutritional yeast, spike and black pepper. Toss and coat all the tofu pieces.
Top Of Page
Mock Chicken Salad Wrap
From the Kitchen of:
Carol Lent of Down to Earth Natural Foods
2 c. mock chicken tofu (recipe above)
1/4 c. Veganaise, natural eggless mayonnaise
1 carrot, grated and chopped
1/2 stalk celery, diced
1 Tbs. sweet pickle relish
Mix above ingredients together and then fill whole wheat tortillas.
1 pkg. whole wheat tortillas or chapatis
1 medium tomato, sliced and cut slices in half
lettuce, washed and dried
Heat whole wheat tortillas in dry frying pan or over stove top flame. Place on plate and fill down center with the lettuce, tomato slices and mock chicken salad. Roll tortilla and cut in half. Serve with baked chips and fat free salsa.