Seared Opah Vineripe Tomato Garlic Butter
From the Kitchen of: Chef Linda Yamada of Beach House
1 lb. opah, cut into 3 oz. filets
1 lb. vine-ripen tomato
2 Tbs. garlic, minced fine
1 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. white wine
2-3 Tbs. parsley, chopped
1 lb. unsalted butter, cut into cubes, room temperature
salt & pepper
1. Heat sauté pan on medium heat until hot. Add in oil, season both sides of file. Sear on both sides until medium.
2. Remove from pan, add garlic, stir consistently. Add tomato concasse, lemon juice and white wine on medium heat let reduce until most liquid is gone.
3. On low heat, add in butter a little at a time, remove from heat add in chopped parsley and season.
1 lb. red seedless watermelon
1 lb. yellow seedless watermelon
4 oz. oyama greens or mesculan mix
1/2 lb. Maui onion
freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut watermelon into desired shapes and arrange on plate.
2. Thinly slice Maui onion and sprinkle on top of salad.
Set aside until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh ground pepper.
1/2 c. honey
1 c. frozen raspberry or raspberry puree
1/2 c. champagne or raspberry vinegar
1/4 c. Maui onion
1 1/2 c. light olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Place all ingredients except oil into a blender.
2. Blend at medium speed until onion is well chopped, slowly add in the oil, you may need to use a little water to loosen up while blending.
3. Chill until ready to serve.
12 pcs. 10/20 scallop
4 oz. lemongrass (white/bottom stem)
6 pc. kaffir lime leaf
1-2 c. panko
1. Place on baking sheet in oven at 275-300 degrees until totally dried.
2. In a coffee or spice grinder process dried lemongrass and lime leaf until medium chopped.
3. Mix lemongrass and lime leaf mixture with panko. Set aside.
Heat a sauté pan (non-stick preferred on medium high heat). Bread each scallop with crust mixture and sauté in pan with enough oil to keep from sticking. Sauté both sides until golden brown. Remove from pan.
Ogo Tartare Sauce:
1 c. mayonnaise
2 Tbs. sesame oil
2 Tbs. toasted sesame
1/4 c. green onion
1/2 c. chopped ogo
Mix all ingredients together, chill until ready to serve.