- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
**For high altitude baking (5200 feet), increase flour to 2½ cups. Add 2 teaspoons water and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8-10 minutes and pan cookies for 17-19 minutes.