- White Tuna Block (also known as Walu) 4-5 oz.
- Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp
- Cajun Blacken Seasoning Mix 1 Tbsp.
- Maui Sweet Onions – thinly sliced 1/4 cup
- Cilantro, Fresh – hand picked leaves 1 Tbsp
- Red Jalapeno Pepper – thinly sliced rings 4-5 each
- Yukke Sauce (recipe follows) 4 Tbsp.
Yukke Sauce Yield: 1/2 cup
- Soy Sauce 1/2 cupSugar 6 Tbsp
- Fresh Ginger – minced 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – minced 1 tsp
- Crushed Red Chili Flakes 1/4 tsp
- Cornstarch Slurry – mix 2 Tbsp water with 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sesame Oil 1 tsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp
Yukke Sauce Procedure: Combine and bring to a simmer, in a small sauce pot, the soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and red chili flakes. Add and whisk in the corn stach slurry to thicken sauce. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add and blend in the sesame oil and lemon juice. Store refrigerated for service.
To Prepare Dish: Brush all sides of the white tuna block with soy sauce let marinate for 15 minutes. Coat all sides of the white tuna with the Cajun spices. Quickly pan sear all sides for 10 seconds. Remove and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
To Serve Dish: Slice seared tuna, “sashimi style”, and arrange slices on a serving plate. Pour the yukke sauce over the slices and garnish the top with the sliced maui onions, cilantro and red chili pepper rings.