- 1/3 lbs. ground chicken
- 2/3 block firm tofu
- 20 pieces snow peas, julien cut
- 4 fresh shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
Seasoning for ground chicken:
- 6 Tbsp. shoyu
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. mirin (Japanese sweet cooking rice wine)
- 3 Tbsp. sake (Japanese rice wine)
How to prepare:
- Wrap the tofu block in a paper towel, set aside for 20 minutes to soak up the moisture.\
- Sauté ground chicken, tofu, and shitake mushrooms with seasoning ingredients.
- Scramble eggs with the sugar and pinch of salt.
- Cut the snow peas into slivers (julien), boil in lightly salted water and drain after cooked.
- Mound the hot steamed rice into four individual bowls. On top of each serving, arrange the ground chicken, scrambled eggs and snow peas into three distinct sections. (0ptional) you can use the red ginger for coloring.