1½ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups cocoa powder
4 cups sugar
8 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups flour 2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 cups chopped nuts, your preference
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 12x18 jelly roll pan or a baking sheet with sides.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and cocoa powder over medium heat, stirring until melted and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and eggs.
- Add the cocoa mixture and mix gently. Into another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients, mixing until incorporated.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, checking periodically until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let cool, then cut into squares or bars.