For the coconut panna cotta:
- One half cup and 2 Tbsp. milk (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- One quarter piece vanilla bean (1/4 pc.)
- One half cup coconut flakes (1/2 cup)
- One half teaspoon gelatin (1/2 tsp)
Combine the milk, sugar, and vanilla bean in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the coconut flakes and remove from the heat. Allow to sit 5 minutes. Soften the gelatin in cold water and add to the hot milk. Pour into a white wine glass and chill.
For the compote:
- 1 pc. peach
- 2 cups red wine/water 50/50
- Three quarter cup sugar (3/4 cup)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- One half pc. vanilla bean (1/2 pc.)
- One half lemon (lemon peel)
Place all of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the peach, remove from the heat, and cover with a plastic wrap. Allow to sit until cooled. Cut the peaches in segments.
For the sauce:
- Bring some of the compote sauce to a boil. Make a slurry with cornstarch and water. Add enough of the cornstarch slurry to the compote liquid to thicken it to the point where it coats the back of a spoon. Cool.
- Top the panna cotta with vanilla ice cream and top with the peach compote and sauce.