Tai, Red Snapper, 2 if medium size, 1 if large size
2 cups Aloha shoyu
1 cup mirin
1 cup Japanese sake
1 cup water
3-4 slices of ginger
2 ume boshi
1 green onion
4 servings of boiled somen noodles
- Remove scales from the Tai and guts very clean and rinse well. Dry with paper towels.
- Make holes with bamboo or stainless picks and slice fish at an angle, about 2 slices.
- Using a large frying pan, add mirin and sake, high heat, bring to a boil, add shoyu and water, sliced ginger, ume boshi, and green onions. Again, bring to a boil and place fish in sauce, bring down to medium heat, use the sauce to help cook fish by using a ladle and pour sauce over fish will cook.
- Place somen in a big bowl and put fish on the side.
- Taste the sauce first, and if it is too strong, add dashi, then put the sauce over the fish and somen noodles.